Custom 8-inch by 10-inch mixed-media portrait from your photo in a joyful, intimate pop art style.
My style features a tight close-up, simplified shapes, vivid colors, decorative elements, and exciting line work and/or pattern, while retaining a recognizable likeness of your person or pet.
How Does This Work?
- Take a look at the samples on this page to see if my style is right for you! 🙂
- Take great photos of your person or pet. For best results, I request closeup photos with:
- eyes open
- sharp focus
- well lit
- Order your portrait.
- Because I get up close and crop in tight, one person or animal per portrait, please.
- For multiple paintings, please submit a separate order for each.
- Upload your photo with your order. The upload option appears in the Cart. I may request additional or alternate photos via email, depending on photo quality.
- I paint with high-quality materials on acid-free, 140lb (300gsm) hot press, 100% cotton watercolor paper.
- I can include delightful details such as a toy or decoration you specify in your order.
- I leave a white border around each image that extends beyond the 8″x10″ artwork, of at least a quarter-inch on each side, to provide wiggle room for framing.
- I do not include framing or matting.
- In a single painting, “mixed media” may include one or more of the following: Inktense ink, black ink pen, watercolor, acrylic paint, paint pens, paper collage, water-soluble crayon, colored pencils, or other professional-grade, high-quality materials.
- Each painting is an artistic experiment! Your painting will be a unique, gallery-quality work of art.
- Each painting requires several hours to complete, over multiple sittings.
- Each takes 2-3 weeks total to create once payment is received.
Final Approval Process
- I will scan the painting and email the image file to you for final approval.
- My technique does not allow much reworking without ruining the painting, but sometimes small changes are possible.
- When you are happy with your painting, I will prepare it to be shipped, and ship it within 2 business days.
- The painting will be shipped to you via USPS First Class or Priority Mail in a protective, clear, resealable bag with cardboard backing, inside a rigid chipboard mailer.
- I will then email you the tracking number.
- Delivery will take 3-5 business days once the artwork is shipped.
All prices for custom portraits include sales tax within the United States.
You must be the legal owner of the photo you submit for reference. By ordering a painting, you agree that while you retain copyright to your photo, you are providing the license to me to create this derivative work.
Purchase of a painting from me does not transfer the copyrights for the artwork to you. You will receive and own the physical painting. However, I will be publishing the digital image of the painting on this website and on social media. I might also offer reproduction prints for sale. You will need to request my permission for any commercial use of the image, such as for a business logo or other derivative work.
I want you to be 100% thrilled with your pet’s portrait. If for any reason you are not happy with the final digital scan I email you, I will keep the painting and refund you the full amount you paid. Refunds are not available once you approve the scan and I ship the painting to you.